Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Take5 Tuesday

Prompt from Take5 Tuesday:

1. 5 things you like about spring.
  • The first days of warm sunshine. (It's one of the few times of the year when I actually enjoy sunshine, because it's not yet too hot.)
  • The smell of freshly cut grass and honeysuckle.
  • Feeling excited (for a few weeks, maybe?) about the yard. (This is when I make big plans that I later fail to carry through to completion. ;o))
  • Gentle springtime breezes.
  • Birds building nests all over the place (even on our back porch).
2. 5 things you plan to do this summer.
  • Work on at least a couple of yard projects. (Pump house, patio, maybe more. . .)
  • Keep alive the tomato plants we've purchased. (I hope!)
  • Keep an eye open for an ad for Eskie puppies. (There aren't many available, but I'd really love to have another Eskie, one of these days.)
  • Do a better job than last year at keeping the yard in order.
  • Avoid snakes.
3. 5 of your favorite sports to play.
Ha ha ha. You're joking, right? I'm not that sporty.
  • Badminton
  • Bowling (It's been a while. . .)
  • Bocce (Just the two of us, around the yard-- nothing fancy.)
  • Volleyball? (It's been so many years, though!)
  • Softball (Again, years and years and years!)
4. 5 board games you like to play, (or played as a kid.)
I don't play that many board games these days. Not because I don't like to, but because most of the time it's just the two of us, and there aren't many board games (that we like) that work with two people. We need to invite some people over to play board games, sometime. . .
  • Scrabble (We do play this one fairly often. Neither of us are champion level, but it's nice for a change from the other games we play.)
  • Trivial Pursuit (Another one the just the two of us can play.)
  • Clue (I used to play this a lot as a kid.)
  • Pay Day (Same as above. . .)
  • Parcheesi (Just to name one more-- we had a lot of games I liked just about as much as this one. I think I like Pit better, but I don't think of that as a board game. . .)
5. 5 sites you visited today.
  • Flickr (More specifically, I visited my "home" on the site, with recent photos from my contacts, recent activity on my own photos, etc.)
  • Google Reader (which helps me keep track of blogs I read)
  • Blogger (this blog and my clay blog)
  • Google (Almost every search starts with the little Google search bar built into my browser. I end up here several times a day, usually.)
  • The Daily Meme's list of Tuesday memes (where I found this one)