Friday, November 9, 2007

Basking in the sun. . .

A couple of nights ago we had our first frost. Somehow, I forget the extremes of each season until it rolls around again. This time, I'd forgotten how my hands tend to stay cold all day on chilly winter days. (And it wasn't even that cold outside.) Maybe I need some of those fingerless gloves so that I can stay warm without the clumsiness that regular gloves create. Or maybe I should just turn up the heater a degree or two. ;o)

Today's warmer, but the past two chillier days have reminded me of why people from colder climates reverence the sun more than I usually do. A sheltered pool of sunlight when you're shivery endows the sun a glow of benevolence. I'm more used to thinking of it as something harsh and relentless. But that's my summer persona's point of view, and she's not due out again for a few months, at least. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy a few moments of basking-- not baking.