Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday's Feast

Yes, another meme. This time it's from Friday's Feast.

Appetizer
Which snack do you like to get when you go to the movies?

I don't buy snacks at the movies. I don't see the sense in paying those extraordinary prices. The tickets are high enough as it is! I have been known (on occasion) to carry a little candy in my purse, but it's not a particular kind-- just whatever I happen to have on hand. And no, I don't feel guilty about it. If the theater-owners want me to buy their candy, they can lower the prices to a reasonable level. So there!

Soup
What year did you start using the internet?

I'm not sure. I know I used the computer to gather information for a project in. . . 10th grade or so, I guess? Ok, I just found the paper (Is it weird that I saved my papers from high school? ;o) Don't answer!!) and I wrote it late in 1995 or early in 1996. I must've been using the Internet or newsgroups or something like that, though at the time I had no idea what it was. Someone (Mom or Dad?) showed me how to get the info and I just gathered it, not bothering much about where it came from. (g) At that time, I thought the computer was just something for games and word processing. It wasn't until after I graduated in 1997 that I started using it more for "surfing the web" and such.

Salad
What is your first name in Pig Latin?

I've never really understood the appeal of Pig Latin, but if you insist. ;o) "Ichaelmay".

Main Course
Name something you are picky about.

Well, once upon a time, I was picky about organization. I still like things to be organized, but I'm not as good about keeping them that way. (It was so much easier when I had just my room at home and my locker at school to keep tidy! (g))

Something I'm still picky about (and will be forever and ever) is preventing germs in our food. I try to refrigerate left-over food as soon as possible after we eat. I probably overcook meat (especially chicken) in an effort to be sure it's safe. I'm very, very picky about chicken juice (from raw chicken, obviously)-- or as I call it, "Salmonella sauce". ;o) I want that stuff cleaned up immediately-- preferably with a cleanser that contains bleach-- before it has the chance to be picked up and spread through the whole kitchen. I may be a tad bit obsessive about chicken germs. (g)

Dessert
Fill in the blanks: I ____ ____ yesterday and I ____ ____ today.

If you'll excuse my saying so, that doesn't feel very "dessert-ish". Kind of bland, actually. Well, beggars can't be choosers, I guess. ;o) I suppose I'm only "allowed" two words there, since that's how many blanks there are in each spot.

I neglected e-mail yesterday and I must reply today.
I dread writing some of this e-mail stuff. It's not as bad as I make it out to be, but I can't help dragging my feet where it's concerned.