Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Evidence of Man's Stupidity

Or maybe the "stupidity" would be more accurately described as a lack of respect and concern for the well-being of others. But when I get mad, I'm apt to fall back into a childish tendency of calling infuriating people "stupid".

Why will people persist in allowing their dogs to roam far and wide? It's not only dangerous for the dogs themselves, but it also brings my blood to the boiling point when they wander onto my property, where my own dogs are carefully kept in a fenced yard. This morning, there were two big, scary, growling (probably "playfully" to each other, but I don't care-- it was still a growl) boxers (or something similar) running down the recently mowed strip between our yard and the (mostly) open field. We hurried our dogs inside before they saw the intruders. The strange dogs were big enough to be able to jump our fence, if they wanted to, so we didn't want to take any chances.

In other news, Daisy's going through one of her periods of having seizures, again. She will go for days or weeks without any, then suddenly have a cluster-- say, three or four in two days. This time, the bout seems to be more severe than usual. She had two yesterday (I think) and six (again, I think-- too lazy to go look for the paper where I listed the times) so far this morning (the first one coming at 4:30). Each individual seizure is no worse than the others she's had, but the fact that they're coming so close together worries me. I guess we'll just keep an eye on her over the next few days and decide what to do based on that.

Poor baby. It seems unfair that such a sweet, good-tempered dog should be afflicted in this way, but of course there are examples of that sort of thing everywhere; unfortunately they're not restricted to the "dog world".