Saturday, December 15, 2007

Yet Another Christmas Meme

This ought to be the last one, and I'll guarantee a meme-free post next time.

Some of these are a bit repetitious, so I may trim out a few questions here and there.
Oh, I found this one here.
I think I actually answered this one before the last one, and I may have referred to it in one of my answers. Sorry if I confused anyone. (Oh, who am I kidding? There are probably only about two people-- family members-- who are actually reading these things. (g))

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, if I must. See first meme for more elaboration on my feelings about eggnog and hot drinks in general. ;o)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped.
3. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. It's a fun idea, but it's never been a family tradition.
4. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
If I have to choose just one, dressing. I'm also fond of ham and roast.
5. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
It's hard to narrow it to just one. Opening the stuffed cat (see first meme) was a high point. . . I also remember a year that "Santa" visited us while we were at my maternal grandparents. I thought I saw the red glow of rudolph's nose through a window, after "Santa" left (and mysteriously, just before Grandpa came in, having missed the whole thrilling visit (g)). I think the red glow was a little Christmas Magic-- or a car driving by at just the right moment ;o)-- because later on, I asked Mom about it, and that wasn't planned.
6. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I'm not sure. I think it came in degrees. I wasn't completely convinced until I accidentally saw one of Mom's lists and later got some of those things from "Santa". So I was old enough to read, at least. (g) I think I believed for a pretty long time, as those things go.
7. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It varies from year to year. Usually it's a variety of ornaments-- glass balls and other shapes, glittery snowflakes, a few cute animal-themed ornaments, and so on. We always have lights (sometimes white, sometimes colored) and garland (silver) and tinsel.
8. Snow? Love it or Dread it?
Where I live, I can afford to love snow. ;o) We hardly ever get it, but it's exciting when we do. (I do worry about loved ones on the road, though. People who aren't used to driving in snow might be more likely to have an accident.)
9. Can you ice skate?
No. I think it looks like fun, but I've heard it's awful on your ankles, if you're not used to it. I can barely stand on roller skates, though, so I doubt ice skating's in my future. (g)
10. What’s the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you?
When I was a kid, Christmas morning and the gifts. Now, wrapping gifts for others-- or making them, if they're hand-made.
11. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I've mentioned sugar cookies and almond bark-covered pretzels. I also loooove fudge. (I haven't had fudge in a while. Maybe I should try making some. . . Not that I need it.) I also like Swedish-style gingerbread cookies. Divinity can be yummy. . . And most things with coconut or almond flavoring are sure to get my seal of approval. ;o)
18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving?
Both. ;o) When I was a kid, as much fun as it was to be in on the secret of a gift for someone else, I secretly thought that adults just said all that stuff about giving being better than receiving. I mean, yes, it was supposed to be better, but it wasn't really. (g) Now, I think I can honestly say that giving is more exciting than receiving. But it's very nice when you see that your loved ones have been thinking about you, too. :o)
20. Candy canes?
I don't look at them and salivate ;o) but they're ok. I prefer candy canes that taste minty, I think. The gourmet type don't really interest me.