Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy new year. :o) Let's try to enjoy every day!

We spent New Year's Eve quietly at home, watching a couple of movies and playing some Boggle to pass the time. We made it till midnight, but it wasn't as easy as it used to be. (g) It's kind of sad that now that I'm "old enough" to stay up until midnight every night (if I want) it no longer holds the same appeal it once did. I think I'm more of a morning person. (Maybe I shouldn't admit it. Morning people are generally reviled as unnatural creatures. ;o) Does it help if I add that I'm a morning person for an hour or two, and then I get tired again?)

After a while, we'll head over to a last-minute family lunch at Aunt Cathy and Uncle Doug's house, where we'll eat some black-eyed peas to ensure that 2008 will be a prosperous year. ;o)

They say that whatever you do on New Year's Day will set the tone for the rest of the year-- that you'll be doing that same thing all year long. It's a good thing I don't believe in the old superstition, since poor Daisy's been having a few seizures today. (Well, she probably will have them off and on through the whole year, but not every single day, I hope!)

I suppose that's all I have to say. Time to get to work on some of those resolutions! (g)