Monday, February 11, 2008

Little Bits--

~~Donald and I both have slightly sore throats, but no other symptoms. I think it has something to do with all the pollen in the air right now. The pines are definitely pollinating, and some other things probably are, too.

~~I found a red, heart-shaped note in that old Book of Etiquette (published in 1921) I mentioned in my last entry. Written on it in white script is the following message:

Mrs. Frank Bridgeman
Mrs. James Stevenson
Luncheon
Wednedsay,
February thirteenth
One o'clock
Bridge.

Funny that I should happen to find it so near the same time of year. I wonder how old this little note is. . . And do you think Mrs. Frank Bridgeman took up playing bridge because of her name, or was it just Fate? ;o)

~~Over the weekend, we watched Galaxy Quest, which is a parody of Star Trek. We finished the movie, turned off the DVD player, and what just happened to pop up first on the TV screen? Yep. Good old Captain Kirk, Spock and the rest of the gang. (g) Well, we thought it was good for a laugh. ;o)

~~You quilting folk out there-- Have you considered documenting your quilts? I think it might be a fun thing to do. You could even do it digitally (in a blog, for instance), if you preferred-- but if you also like scrapbooking, it could be a fun way to combine the two interests. A quilt scrapbook. Just passing along the link. . .

~~I was also interested in this link from the same quilting info source: Used fabric softener sheets as a foundation for crazy quilt blocks. I'm still too much of a novice to think seriously about this, but maybe someday. I think a crazy quilt could be fun. It'd have to be really crazy, though-- like the one Anne sleeps under when she spends the night at the Tomgallon House-- so crazy that you're almost afraid to sleep under it. (Incidentally, before searching for the right passage just now, I never realized how many times the word "crazy" appears in AoWP/W.)

ETA: Psst! If you've stumbled across this blog searching for rag quilting/sewing info, you might want to head over to my sewing blog. I've transplanted all my sewing-related posts over there, and that's where I do most of my "fiber arts" rambling, now. :o)