Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday's Feast (#185)

Here's this week's Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
What does the color dark green make you think of?

Pine trees (and conifers in general, but since I'm surrounded by pines, I think of them first) and a sweater I used to have. (g)

Soup
How many cousins do you have?

First cousins? I have two on my mother's side of the family and four on my father's side. But two of those four are very young. When I was a child, I had just two cousins on that side of the family; the other two have come along since then, so they feel less like cousins than a quasi nephew and niece. Or something like that.

If you count second or third cousins, there are quite a few more, of course. (People had bigger families back then. (g)) However, I probably couldn't even name them all, as I hardly ever see most of them.

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how honest are you?

I feel like I've answered this (or something like this-- maybe minus the scale) fairly recently. . .

I don't really like "rating" things like this. The answer depends on the circumstances. Most of the time I'm pretty honest-- 9 or so-- especially if it's a situation where I think it really matters that the truth be told. But if it will help me avoid hurting someone's feelings or needlessly embarrassing someone (myself included), I may omit something or be a bit creative with the truth. I don't see the need in being brutally honest, if it's not going to do any substantial good.

Main Course
Name something that is truly free.

The air that we breathe. . . laughter. . . sunshine. . . rain (and other weather). . . sunrises and sunsets. . . birdsong. . . imagination/daydreams. . . conversation. . . hugs and kisses. . . true love and loyal friendship. . .

Some might argue that most valuable human interaction (conversation, kisses) isn't completely free, because you have to invest time (and maybe resources, too) in the relationship, but I think that's being a bit nit-picky. ;o)

Dessert
Using the letters in the word SPRING, write a sentence.

Hm. . . This is harder than it sounds. In that order, or in any order? Because being able to switch them around would help. . .

Some people'd rather ignore-- No "Green"!!

Uhm. . . Not too great, huh? Maybe no-one gets it but me. (g) It's just a mini protest against the explosion of "green" this and "green" that. I'm all for protecting the environment, but in many instances, it's gotten past the point of ridiculousness. IMNSHO. ;o)

Well, there's another feast feasted!