Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Friday's Feast

Missed last Friday's Feast (again), but there's no reason I can't do it now.

Appetizer

If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be?

I'm not a celebrity-worshiper, so I have no ready answer. Preferably a reasonably normal celebrity-- no substance abuse or kooky political views. ;o) Maybe someone with a nice, private home in some exotic locale where I could just relax in peace and quiet.

But honestly, I don't want to be someone else. It'd be pretty creepy, being stuck in a different body, having to pretend to everyone around that you're really what's-her-name. Sounds like a lot of work, actually. Haven't you guys ever seen Freaky Friday? (The old one from the 70's-- not the new one. Oh, ok, either of them! (g))

Soup

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?

It depends (a lot) on who I'm talking to. When I was a kid, I enjoyed talking to my best friends on the phone. Back then, I probably would've given it a 9 or a 10. When a telephone call was the closest I could be to Donald, I'd definitely have given it a 10. These days, though, I'd generally rather talk in person. I rarely talk to anyone over the phone for more than a few minutes at a time, these days.

If it's someone I like-- and someone who speaks clearly and loudly enough that I can hear them ;o)-- I can still enjoy it. I'd give it an 8, maybe a 9 if the gossip's good. (g) (Just kidding!) If it's a "stranger", I give it a 1. The only thing worse than talking to a stranger on the phone is talking to him/her in person. ;o)

Salad

Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).

I'm going to send a bunch of polymer clay beads to the Beads of Courage program. They distribute them to seriously ill children (and sometimes their families) to help them mark important milestones along the journey of treatment.

Main Course

What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?

If health were no consideration ;o) I think I could live happily on Pizza Hut's pepperoni pizza for at least a month. Hot, cold-- doesn't matter-- I love the stuff. Yum yum yum! (Too bad it clogs your arteries. . .)

Dessert

Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?

My paternal grandmother had it recently, but as far as I know, she's the only one.


So, yet another Feast down.