Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday's Feast

I'm actually on time today for this Friday's Feast! (Well, nearly a hundred people have already responded, but at least it's still Friday. . .)

Appetizer

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 as highest), how much do you like your own handwriting?

I actually purposely changed my print handwriting at some point-- middle school or so?-- because I wanted it to be different. (For instance, I wanted my "a" to look like a printed "a", with a little curl on top.) It's continued to gradually change since then-- and probably gotten sloppier-- but I still like it well enough. I'd give it a 9, I guess. If it were always neat, it'd get a 10. ;o) Not that I think it's better than everyone else's handwriting, but I'm satisfied with it. (shrug) It's legible.

My cursive, on the other hand, I'd give a 2 or a 3. I never write in cursive, except to sign my name (and I'd really rather sign in print, too). I know it would be better if I just practiced it, but I don't really care to write in cursive. I haven't done it much since the school years when I was "forced" to write in cursive. (Maybe that's why I hate it so much-- being forced to use it!)

Soup

Do you prefer baths or showers?

Showers. Baths just seem to take too long, and it's easier to wash long hair in a shower, I think.

Salad

What was the last bad movie you watched?

Hm. . . We watched 300 a while ago, and I wasn't particularly impressed. Not that it was an awful movie. I just don't think I'm a member of the target audience. Yeah, there are some nice special effects-- but other than that, it's very simple and predictable-- just one battle after another, which I find depressing. And during the epic battle scenes, where'd all the blood go? Donald noticed how it just sort of disappeared in midair. Not that I really wanted to see more blood, but how did these guys go through days of hand-to-hand combat and still keep relatively clean? Obviously the makers of the film weren't going for realism. Anyway, I won't be re-watching that one.

Before that, we watched the MST3K episode with a movie called Time Chasers, and that was pretty bad. . . (Nothing to compare to the horror that is Gameron vs. Guiron, of course.)

Main Course

Name something you are addicted to and describe how it affects your life.

Caffeine. I get a headache if I don't have my daily cola. After the first day or two without it, I'm fine, but it doesn't take much to get me hooked again! I'm also "addicted" to the Internet-- all the sites I visit on a regular basis. I don't think it affects my life that much, apart from taking up some of my time.

ETA: Ok, ok. The Internet does affect my life more than I realize, I know. (I just wanted to hurry up and move on to the next question. (g)) I find myself thinking about how different daily occurrences are going to go into my blog(s). Almost any time I have a question about something, the Internet is my first source for information. It's also a source of much of my daily entertainment. Yeah, I'm addicted.

Dessert

Which instrument is your favorite to listen to?

I don't have a ready answer for that, these days. Once, I would've said it was the violin. Now, I'm not so sure. I probably listen to the human voice more than any other "instrument". After that, I think most of the music I listen to features electronically produced sounds. . . I know my favorite single instrument is not the saxophone or the recorder-- or the tuba, trombone, or other brass instrument. . . I guess I can narrow it down to piano, guitar, and violin, but I'd really rather have access to the whole orchestra.