Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sometimes the morning news just makes you feel like CRAP.

There's nothing like starting the day off on a positive note. Like when the first thing you hear is a reiteration of the possibility that you're (maybe) more likely to have cancer because you were raised in the age of plastic food containers and had a plastic bottle in your mouth since Day 1, probably. (sigh)

So what am I supposed to do about this great news? Somehow divine which plastic containers in my house have BPAs and toss them? (Some people say they're the ones marked with a 7 in the little "recycle" symbol.) Or is it best to just avoid all plastic like the plague? It's not going to be an easy task, these days!

Fortunately, I'll probably have pushed this little joyful nugget to the back of my mind in a day or two, and I'll be able to eat food stored in plastic without every bite tasting of dust. Honestly, what else is there to do? I don't think I want to go through life checking everything for 7s.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number, and it was the triple 6 we were to be on the look-out for? ;o)

Anyway, I guess my writing this is just spreading the happiness a little further. Sorry if I ruined your day, but I needed to complain.