Monday, August 25, 2008

Just in case you didn't know. . .

Just a quick heads-up, in case you hadn't already heard. . .

The word is out!

Racism is the only reason Obama might lose.

HA!

I must be a racist then, because I'm sure as heck not voting for Obama this November. I could've sworn that I'd made this decision based on my certainty that his proposals would hurt the country-- take it even further from the path I feel is best for me, my family, and generations to come. Actually, I'd even convinced myself that I'd gladly have voted for a black person who came closer to my beliefs than either of the candidates we're stuck with, this time around. But apparently I was wrong. The only possible reason I could have decided not to support Obama must be that deep down, I'm a racist.

I suppose I really ought to have known, all along. After all, I am a white girl from Alabama, and everyone knows that all white Southerners are sheet-wearing-- well, you get the point.

(shrug) Sorry if I'm a tad bit bilious. It's a sore spot for me-- and I've had it up to here with this kind of absolute crap. One dose too many, I guess. It had to overflow somewhere.