Friday, September 26, 2008

More Musical Nostalgia

A week or two ago, I happened across a couple of songs by the Alan Parsons Project that I instantly recognized, but hadn't heard in a very long time. I don't remember specific times that I listened to these songs (as I do for some music), but they definitely take me back to childhood. . .

Here's the one ("Time") that particularly sent me spiraling back through the years:



Melancholy, huh? But beautifully so.

I have no idea how to describe exactly what I mean here, but the little thing where the violins slide from one note to a higher note in almost a whiny way? Is it just me, or is that a very "late 70s/early 80s" thing? Most of the song doesn't seem to me to be "stuck" in any particular era, but that one bit just feels very "Little House on the Prairie" to me. . . Anyway. . .(g)