Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nothing New, Really.

Nothing big has been happening for the past several days. (In fact, just what has been happening. . .? Life, I guess. . .)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Trixie's still in the process of losing her milk teeth and growing her new set of choppers. (Do you call them "choppers" if they belong to a dog? Because dog's teeth don't really make that "chop" sound that human teeth do. It's more of a snapping sound, I'd say. . .)

With the majority of her lost teeth so far, she either lost them while outside or ate them. Or both. We've only managed to see two of them (about a day apart)-- and those only because Donald "helped" them out because she was obviously trying to get them out, pawing at the side of her face, etc. (Don't look at me that way. He didn't tie the tooth to a doorknob or anything primitive like that.)

Here she is in her crate:


~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Hm. That was weird.

For a minute or two, Blogger's automatic spell-checker told me that "didn't" wasn't a real word. Apparently, Blogger doesn't think I should use contractions at all, as it is also (temporarily) underlining "won't" and "doesn't". . .

I guess it makes sense. Data (the android from Star Trek for you poor souls not in the know) couldn't use contractions, and Blogger's spell-check is presumably a computer (or, well, a program, but that's close enough for me), so maybe it's a related problem. (You'd really think they would've figured out a way to fix a minor issue like that by whatever distant date Star Trek: TNG is meant to take place in.)

It seems that Blogger doesn't recognize itself as an entity (or whatever), because when I type "Blogger's", it doesn't like that either. . . Oh, well, now it changed it's mind and deems it acceptable!

(pauses, then whispers) Do you think it's been listening in on what I'm typing?

And the really sad thing is that, based on what I've recently seen on FAILblog and a few similar sites, I'm pretty sure that there are a few people out there who might think that was actually possible! Or that the spell-check program is actually a person with a dictionary, carefully monitoring every word we write and underlining the misspellings in red pixels.

Here's a perfect example of what I mean:



I feel sorry for this person, but also a little frightened-- and not by the rainbows. Someone who believes that a "sprinkler rainbow" is evidence of something bad in the water (one of many conspiracy theories in her videos) seems capable of believing almost anything. That really is scary to me.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Great. Our water's not working, and Donald has to go somewhere first thing this morning. So, no water until he gets back (which fortunately shouldn't be too long) and we can figure out if it's something we can fix or if we have to call someone. Or maybe it'll just magically fix itself. (Not holding my breath.)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Well, I guess that's it for now.

You have Trixie's earlier-than-usual morning bark to thank for this little bundle of nothing. I am evidently prone to pointless rambling when I first wake up.