- An actor portraying Obama is "thrilling audiences with a rousing chorus of 'Yes We Can' in a country still charmed by his message of hope."
- The producers hope to take the show to the US, someday. (Cross your fingers!)
- The actor who portrays Obama said that "the qualities he admired most in Obama were his eloquence, strength and vision, adding that it was amazing how 'he moved a world'."
- "John McCain" and "Sarah Palin" "did numbers of their own, the latter singing 'Ich bin ein Pitbull' (I'm a Pitbull)." (Well, isn't that charming?)
- "Set in Chicago, where Obama worked as a community organizer, the plot portrays how his message helps reconcile residents of a multi-cultural neighbourhood and propels a young black politician to the White House in 2008."
- "Two other shows have already put the US president on stage meanwhile, 'Obama On My Mind' in London, and 'Obama: The Musical' in Nairobi."
- A 21-year-old in the audience "thought an early scene where women go to a spa to relieve the tension of daily life was 'pretty confusing'. Having visited the United States, he said: 'What's up with that? I don't think they go to the spa that often.'" (Only the fancy Americans do that, young man. Only the fancy ones. . .)
Monday, January 18, 2010
Obama-- the Musical!
Obama Musical Thrills Audiences in Germany.