Thursday, August 5, 2010

What a Surprise!

My new driver's license came in the mail today. 

What a surprise!  I look positively awful in it. 

(Of course they gave me a temporary print-out the other day, but I never even looked at the thing.  Delaying the inevitable moment of shock and disgust.)

Why can't they manage to get a decent photo at the DMV?  Why can't they let you bring in a photo of your own (for the worker to look at and ascertain that, yes, that is an accurate photo)?  I know it's probably not practical, but I really don't care.  I'm tired of being ashamed to show my hideous license photos! 

Seriously, DMV.  I may not weigh a mere 115 pounds, but neither am I truly that fat and round-faced.  I look in the mirror every few days, and I would know if I were.

I know it's not that important-- or important at all--  but it's simply not necessary for the photo to be this atrocious.