Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No, Really?

Here's something else to file under "Yeah, We Already Knew That":
A new study determines that dogs are smarter than cats.

This study seems to have based everything on brain size and how it correlates with social skills, which I don't think is the strongest argument ever made, but based on my own observations of cats and dogs (and their relative problem-solving abilities, among other things), I was already convinced that the average dog is smarter than the average cat.

...That said, there are also dumb-as-a-rock dogs and exceptionally intelligent cats.  Both cats and dogs are impressive animals, but in some ways they are so different that comparison is pointless.

P.S.  Yes, you're right; I may be biased.  Though I would've considered myself a cat person during younger years, I am now happily a dog person.  Cats are nice, but if I have to choose, I'd rather have a dog at my side.