Thursday, March 3, 2011

Random Thoughts

(When all else fails...)

- - - - - - -

I tried out my new Swiffer WetJet this afternoon.  I hope that it will encourage me to clean the hard surface floors (mainly the kitchen and breakfast room) more often than I tend to do with the mop or scrub brush.  I have sneaky intentions of either crocheting or sewing some reusable pads for it-- anything to avoid having to buy the disposable pads.  Also, I've found a tutorial that allows you to refill one of the bottles of cleaning fluid yourself rather than buying a new one every time.  (A penny saved, etc., etc.) 

Maybe it's just me, but the WetJet liquid smells like an odd mixture of fruit (sour apple?) and beer.  And yet it's not unpleasant.

- - - - - - -

Further proof that I am an über-introvert / hermit:  I got a lot (by my standards) of comments on my crochet/sewing blog a while ago, back when someone must've noticed and spread the word about my Circle of Friends-based afghan.  It's flattering and all, but I haven't even read the comments there or at Ravelry, and now I'm avoiding that blog so I won't have to deal with it all.  Surely I'm not the only person who has this love/hate relationship with comments.  (Right?  Or, ok, maybe I am.)  This is part of the reason I decided that Facebook wasn't my cup of tea.  Practically the whole thing seems to be centered around comments. (I may start going there to lurk, though.   ...Maybe.)

- - - - - - -

There is a reason that crocheters don't typically make blankets using a mixture of motif shapes.  This afghan I am currently piecing together has octagons, squares, and triangles, and it is taking for-ev-er.  I long for simple columns and rows of squares!  (But I'm not "allowed" to start another project for myself until I get this thing pieced together.  ...And when I do, I think I'm back in the mood for thread crochet.)

- - - - - - -

What's this about an NFL lockout (whatever that is)?  Fortunately, I couldn't care less about football (especially NFL football) if I tried, so I don't have to bother about this (incredibly boring) subject. 
- - - - - - -

My take on the situation with the Wisconsin senate democrats hiding out-of-state to avoid doing their jobs is predictable:  It's simply infuriating. If they refuse to fulfill the obligations of their positions of political power, they need to step down (or be removed from office).

- - - - - - -

How does spring manage to sneak up on me every year?  
Ugh.  There's so much I need to do before the summer heat sets in.