Friday, May 20, 2011

Mysterious

Since getting the Kindle, I've been spending more time looking around at books online, and I have to say, I'm amazed by the number of "niche" mystery series there are available today.  There's something for everyone, no matter what your hobby or interest (assuming you like cozy mysteries, which I do).  I already knew there were series about cats, knitters, and crocheters, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the number of other niches... but I am.

Here are some of the niche cozy-mystery series themes I've seen so far:
  • Knitting or Crocheting (as stated)
  • Salons/Stylists
  • Candy store
  • Food/Restaurants in general
  • Cheese shop
  • Wine country
  • Travel agent
  • Pet-sitter
  • Crafts (soap-making and so on)
  • High fashion
  • Vintage clothing shop
  • Card-making (another craft)
  • Quilting
(And I'm sure there are more.)

It reminds me of Barbie dolls.  There's one for (nearly) every career or interest!

Personally, I think the card-maker mysteries seem the strangest of the bunch.  I'm not sure why... It just feels so completely random.