Saturday, January 12, 2013

52 Weeks of Happy (2/52)

(No "illustrations" this time, either.  It looks like I'll be doing well to even remember to write these weekly posts... and I'm already doing Project 365 this year, so let's call that good enough. (g))


Four Things That Made Me Happy This Week:

1.  Relaxing with a new crochet book.  Helpful hints, crisp and orderly lay-outs, pretty pictures, new motifs!  Ah, nothing like a new craft book (or two)!  I foresee many hours of happy browsing.


2.  Ibuprofen.  This is a weird one, maybe, but gosh, I appreciate that stuff.  It may take a little while to kick in, but once it does, it makes a world of difference in some of my occasional aches and pains.  I'm happy to live in a world with ibuprofen!


3.  Slow-cooker stew.  Or slow-cooker anything, really.  I love that feeling of accomplishment when I get it all set up and turned on in the morning... and the pleasant smells of cooking food wafting through the house later on... and then the utter joy of not having to figure out what's for supper in the evening.  ;o)  Sure, you may have to make a pot of rice or something to go along with the main dish, but the bulk of the work is already done.  (I really, really love not having to cook in the afternoon/evening.  Can you tell? (g))


4. Walking on the treadmill again.  It was the first time in far too long (though we take short walks outside fairly often, this time of the year).  It's amazing how little it takes to make you feel that you're on the right track.  I need to make it a habit again-- part of the usual routine-- but I did spend time doing yard work two days this week, and I'm counting that as exercise-ish, too.

I'm not going to tell myself I should really be running on the treadmill, because I pretty much hate running (because it makes my stomach hurt... because I push myself too hard, too fast... because I'm too much "all or nothing" when it comes to running).  Walking while reading a book, on the other hand, is something I actually enjoy.  If I enjoy something, I'm more likely to do it.  It's much better to get light exercise regularly than heavy exercise hardly ever, so in my case, walking is better than running.  (Any questions?  ;o))