Saturday, January 19, 2013

52 Weeks of Happy (3/52)

(Almost forgot about this, and I'm only three weeks in.  Doesn't bode well for the future of "52 Weeks"...)


Four Things That Made Me Happy This Week: 


1.  Going to the Duck Pond.
Donald and I went to the "duck pond" (in one of the parks beside the pier in Fairhope) one afternoon this week.  I was surprised how many birds there were.  The whole area was bustling with activity (ducks, geese, Canada geese-- and a heron and a squirrel, too).  It was a very nice place.  Plenty of things to photograph, birds moving, interacting with one another and quacking, etc.  I'd definitely like to stop by again. 


2.  Two slices of Vitolli's Pizza.
New York-style pizza.  Pepperoni and ham.  Cheese and tomato sauce.  Yum.  Definitely not a healthy, everyday sort of lunch, but an oh-so-delicious one.


3.  A Blunt Instrument, by Georgette Heyer.
That's the book I'm currently reading-- mostly while walking on the treadmill.  It's a light mystery with some wonderfully humorous and memorable characters.  I'm really enjoying it, so far, and I'm happy that the author wrote quite a few other books, so if this is representative of the quality of the bulk of her work, I'll have lots of fun reading ahead of me. 


4.  Cool, crisp air.
The humidity went away!  (Well, for a while, at least.)  Even if we somehow lost the ability to detect the temperature and humidity, ourselves, we'd be able to tell when there'd been a significant improvement in the weather, because Molly will suddenly want to stay outside and run around longer in the morning, rather than trying to break the world record for Speediest "Toileting" by a Cocker Spaniel.  ;o)