Then we started working on clearing some brambles/wild blackberry briars from the southern wall of the house and taking out some of the scrub growing along the fence on that side of the yard. We could be fancy and call it a wilderness garden or something similar, but it's actually just a mess. An invitation-to-snakes garden? The clearing-out helped, but it still needs work.
Somehow, we went from chilly to hot almost overnight. The temperatures are nice enough if you're sitting in the shade, but work of any description (especially in the sun) is a very sweaty and exhausting proposition. Highs in the 80s already! Weeds popping up everywhere! Time to get serious about mulching.
- - - - - - -
Daylily seedlings in their new home on the covered patio:
Attempting to propagate ivy (to grow on the lattice wall of the covered patio):
Azaleas about to burst into bloom:
Aloe plants coming out of the garage again:
White loropetalum in bloom:
A new plant-- blue sea holly:
Another new plant-- red-hot poker/torch lily:
A new climbing rose ("Joseph's Coat") for the planned arbor by the main gate:
Green anole on the ivy trellis: