Saturday, November 17, 2007

BaldwinReport

I thought that local readers-- you know who you are ;o)-- might be interested in this blog that I just found: BaldwinReport.

The most recent entry says that a "county commission projection" indicates that the county's population will double in ten years. (And for those of you not familiar with our area, that's on top of some pretty extraordinary growth in the last ten or twenty years, too.) Frankly, it's not great news, in my opinion. I just wonder when it'll ever stop. Will the continuing influx of all these new people ruin the very aspects of the area that attracted them in the first place? Oh well. It's better to live in an area that's growing than in one that everyone's fleeing, I guess. At this rate, I may end up being a city girl without ever leaving the "country" behind! ;o)