Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Any Colour You Like :o)

Hey! It's the "Ask the All-Knowing iPod" Meme!

(I'm combining a few memes I found on some random strangers' blogs, so I'm not going to bother linking. Besides, do my handful of readers really care where I get this goofy stuff?)

The rules-- Answer the following questions with titles of songs on your iPod. Set the iPod to "shuffle" (or "random"-- whatever the setting's called) and press the forward button to get to the "answer" for the next question (unless you'd rather sit through the whole song, that is). Oh, and if you cheat, the Fates will punish you swiftly and severely. ;o)

You don't have to use an iPod, of course. I'm using our iPod imitation, a Meizu miniplayer. You could also use any program on your computer that allows you to randomize the play list.

What does next year have in store for me?
Heart of Glass -- Blondie
Hm. Doesn't sound too good. (g)

What's my life looking like, romantically speaking?
Follow You Follow Me -- Genesis
Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

What do I say when life gets hard?
Both Sides, Now -- Joni Mitchell

What do I think of on waking up?
Comfortably Numb-- Pink Floyd
(g) Well, only when I wake to find that I've been sleeping with my arms up over my head again. Does anyone else do that? Very unpleasant-- not at all "comfortable".

What song will I dance to at my wedding?
The One I Love -- R.E.M.
Already had my wedding. There was no dancing-- not our kind of thing, really. But if we had, this wouldn't be the song we'd have chosen, I'm sure. (g) I mean, I like it and all, but I'm pretty sure Donald wouldn't have wanted this one, and really, it's not "wedding material", IMHO.

What do I want as a career?
Invisible Touch -- Genesis
I must have a lot of Genesis on this thing. . . Invisible touch. . . Is that like a superhero power or something? Or just a great skill for a pickpocket? ;o)

My favourite saying?
Sh Boom -- Baldwin and the Whiffles
Oh, yeah, I'm always goin' around saying "Sh Boom, Sh Boom, Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da Da". Always.

Favourite place?
In the Air Tonight -- Phil Collins
Ok, my Phil Collins obsession is finally coming out into the light of day. ;o)
And, actually, "in the air tonight" IS one of my favorite places to be, provided there aren't too many mosquitoes out.

What do I think of my parents?
A Groovy Kind of Love -- Phil Collins
Meizu. Seriously. Dude.
Folks, I DO have non Genesis/Phil Collins tunes on this thing. I promise. (g)

What's my. . . um, "naughty movie star" name? (Yeah, I edited that.)
Forever Young -- Alphaville
Well, I wouldn't mind being forever young! (If you could leave the "movie star" part of it out, of course.)

Where would I go on a first date?
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) -- Eurythmics
(laughs) I had something to say about this, but maybe it's better to keep that to myself. . .

Drug of choice?
Bad Moon Rising -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

Describe me, iPod!
Only You -- Yaz
Whatever that means. . . I always did thik I had a personality of my own!

What is the thing I like doing most?
Sweetness Follows -- R.E.M.

What is my state of mind like at the moment?
If You Leave -- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Sounds kind of unstable. . .

How will I die?
Down Under -- Men at Work
What does that mean?! Either I'd better resolve never to go to Australia, or. . . Well, at least the question wasn't "Where will I go after I die?" ;o)

Humm. . . I think I may have figured out why I'm getting so many results from a single group/artist. (And no, it's not because that's all that I listen to, ever. (g)) I think I'm randomizing within a single folder, as opposed to through the whole device. (Either that or the "randomizer" just isn't very random today.) I still don't completely understand all the functions on this thing, but I'll try to fix that before continuing with the next leg of the meme.

How does the world see me?
La Soñodora -- Enya
Oh-kaaay. . . I have no idea what that means. Lovely melody, though. :o) Ok, just looked it up. If the site I visited got it right, "La Soñadora" means "The Dreamer".

Will I have a happy life?
The Roundabout -- Enigma
"Roundabout" means "indirect, circuitous". Make of that what you will. Then remember that this is just a silly iPod meme. ;o)

What do my friends think of me?
Skellig -- Loreena McKennitt

How can I make myself happy?
Guilty -- the version from Amélie, whoever's singing that one. . . oh, it was Al Bowlly, according to Wikipedia
Not quite sure what that could mean. Either admit my guilt or. . . be more guilty? ;o)

What should I do with my life?
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) -- Dead or Alive
Take a whole new direction, maybe? ;o)

Will I ever have children?
Reflecting Light -- Sam Phillips
Sounds promising, I'd say. Especially since it's "from" Gilmore Girls, a show about a mother and daughter. (g) What? This is all very scientific, isn't it?

What is some good advice for me?
Begin -- The Wailin' Jennys
It's kind of generic, maybe, but that's good advice for just about anyone. I can certainly apply it to my own life, in a few different ways. (Beautiful harmonies in this one, by the way, as in most of their music.)

How will I be remembered?
End of the Evening -- Nightnoise
I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds nice.

What's my signature dancing song?
Prairie Town -- The Wailin' Jennys
The not-so-random randomizer strikes again!! ;o)
Well, I'm not much of a dancer (in public, at least), so I suppose one song's as good as another. This one's kind of sad, though. The type of thing you'd find yourself dancing to, with teary eyes, on an almost-empty dance floor. . . at some kind of outdoor dance in the middle of Kansas. Or the Canadian midwest, since that's where these women come from. (g)

What's my current theme song?
The Highwayman -- Loreena McKennitt
Hey, I can't complain. ;o)

What do others think is my current theme song?
Why! -- Enigma
(laugh) Maybe so. . .

What shall they play at my funeral?
Once You Had Gold -- Enya
I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.

What type of men do I like?
Harvest Moon -- Cassandra Wilson
Don't know what that means, but I love this song.

What is my day going to be like?
White Room -- Cream
So. . . a bit wilder and druggier than usual, I guess. ;o)

What do I look like when I first wake up?
White Flag -- Dido
As in "I surrender, just turn off that darn alarm"? (Of course, the meaning of the song is the opposite of "I surrender". . .)

What's the song title that you'll put as the subject of this post?
Any Colour You Like -- Pink Floyd
Ok, if you say so!

I don't tag people (not many of my readers have public blogs, and I don't want to irritate the few who do by tagging them every other day), but if you're of a mind to follow suit, then please do so! :o)