Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday's Feast

Here's this week's feast:

Appetizer
How many times per day do you usually laugh?

I have no idea. I enjoy laughing, but how much I do it in a day depends a lot on what I'm doing. If I'm watching, listening to, or reading something amusing, of course I'm more likely to laugh. I probably laugh more when I'm not alone-- if only because there's more opportunity for something unexpected to happen when there's another person involved. My dogs also make me laugh, cute little clowns that they are.

Soup
What do your sunglasses look like?

I don't own a pair of sunglasses. I wear "regular" eyeglasses all of my waking hours, so traditional sunglasses are out-- and I've simply never bothered to find the clip-on type. I don't often feel the need for them, but every now and then it occurs to me that they might be useful. If Donald and I are happy with the (cheaper) new glasses we're going to order (one of these days), we may make another order for prescription sunglasses-- either that, or I could have my old pair coated.

Salad
You win a free trip to anywhere on your continent, but you have to travel by train. Where do you go?

If time isn't a concern, I think it'd be fascinating to travel by train to Alaska. . . assuming that's even possible. (I really know nothing about where there are and are not passenger train routes. I've never even been on a "real" train before-- just the little ones they have at amusement parks.)

Main Course
Name one thing you consider a great quality about living in your town/city.

I don't live in the city limits, so technically I don't live "in town". (Generally speaking, I'm very happy about that.) One great quality about living in this area is that it's still a place where you can feel (mostly) safe. As we continue to grow, that's changing, but I still feel much safer in our little town than I do in some of the neighboring, larger cities.

Dessert
If the sky could be another color, what color do you think would look best?

It's hard to even imagine! Probably not green, because then there's no contrast with the land (if you life in a mostly-green landscape, like I do). Probably not red, because that'd be too much contrast-- plus it'd be kind of apocalyptic and creepy. ;o) I'd go with purple. Of the remaining colors of the rainbow, purple-- or indigo, if that's "allowed"-- is the closest to blue and probably the best for the sky, IMHO.