Thursday, January 10, 2008

Warning: Yet another pointless meme. . .

I can't help it. I like doing these silly things. They're addictive! (But this will be the last iPod meme for a while, I think. (g))

Ok, so here's the scenario: You're in charge of putting together the soundtrack for a movie (looks like it might even be a movie about your own life), but you forget about it until the last minute. What to do? ;o)

Instructions:
1. Open up your library (iTunes, Winamp, iPod, etc.).
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every "scene" listed below, type the song that’s playing. When you go to a new question, press the next button (or listen to the whole song, if it's that great).
6. No repeat artists. If you get an artist twice, hit the button again until you get someone new.
7. No cheating. (It's more fun to let it be random.)

Opening Credits: Porcelain -- Moby
(Nice song, but didn't they already use this for The Beach?)

Song for a Winter’s Night: Against All Odds -- Phil Collins
(What does this category mean?)

First Day of School: Hey You -- Pink Floyd
(Sounds like a scary school-- especially for the first day of school!)

Falling in Love: Scarborough Fair -- Simon and Garfunkel
(Kind of a creepy song for falling in love, since it's about the aftermath of failed love.)

Breaking up: Sunshine on My Shoulders -- John Denver
(Odd choice for a breaking up song, but maybe it'll work if you show glowy flashback shots of the broken-up couple in happier times.)

Prom: Here Comes the Sun -- The Beatles
(A bit hippy-ish for a late 1990's prom. . . But then again, some of my friends were big Beatles fans. (shrug))

Life’s OK: Storms in Africa -- Enya
(Doesn't sound like "life's OK", with a title with the word "storms" in it-- but despite the title, the song has a pretty upbeat feeling, I think.)

Mental Breakdown: Teardrop -- Massive Attack
(Yeah, that sounds about right. (g) I'm really not sure what this one's supposed to be about-- I just like the sound of it.)

Driving: Forever Young -- Alpahville
(Yes, if you're doing the right kind of driving-- no traffic, interesting road, nice scenery-- it can be just the kind of thing to trick you into feeling that you'll always be young and happy. Or something like that. Just don't listen to all the lyrics. All that stuff about "The Bomb" can bring ya down real fast. (g))

Flashback: Wuthering Heights -- Kate Bush
(I'm just wondering what event in my life would deserve a flashback to this song. (laugh) This is one of those songs that I listened to at first just in bewilderment, but after a while it grew on me. It's definitely different.)

Getting Back Together: The March Air -- Nightnoise
(No lyrics to the contrary. So it'll do fine for "getting back together". Especially if the people getting back together are doing so in Ireland or some other lovely green place, in a golden misty evening.)

Wedding Scene: Love Rollercoaster -- Red Hot Chili Peppers
(LOL! Well, maybe this would be an appropriate wedding theme for some people, but not for us. Not quite dignified or restrained enough.)

Honeymoon Scene: Unchained Melody -- The Righteous Brothers
(This one was "supposed" to be "Under the Bridge", which gave me a good laugh, since that's *not* much of a scene for a honeymoon, but as I've already had some Red Hot Chili Peppers on this list, I had to go on to the next one. And who could ever argue with "Unchained Melody" after seeing Ghost? Maybe it's a little bit sad for a honeymoon, but other than that, no complaints.)

Shelter: The Kiss -- from The Last of the Mohicans
(Has nothing to do with shelter, as far as I know, but I love this song, so I'd leave it in anyway.)

Birth of Child: Av Längtan Till Dig -- Cajsa Stina Åkerström
(I think it's a love song, but other than that, I'm not sure. It's Swedish, by the way.)


Final Battle: Dream a Little Dream of Me -- Sissel Kyrkjebø
((g) This must be a very surreal final battle! I'm picturing it all in slo-mo, bullets drifting lazily by and swords gliding through the air in a ballet of blades. . .)


Death Scene: Theme from Somewhere in Time
(What a sad song! So appropriate! I saw this film for the first time in the last year or so, I think. I still don't see why he couldn't have recovered and gone back in time, but I guess that wouldn't have been dramatic enough.)

Funeral Scene: Air on the G String -- Bach
(Absolutely beautiful. A bit formal, perhaps-- and maybe people'd think you took yourself a bit too seriously-- but if not at your funeral, when will you ever have a better excuse for this sort of thing? Right? (g))

End Credits: Morphing Thru Time -- Enigma
(Well, why not? I like the chanting monks. (g))