Thursday, January 10, 2008

The "Five Things" Meme

Have I done this one before? I can't remember. . .

Five Things. . .

. . . that can be found in my room:
(I guess this sort of thing is geared toward "kids", because I haven't referred to a room as "my room" since I was living with my parents. And most of the time it was a room I shared with one of my sisters. (g) I assume the question refers to the bed room, so that's how I'll answer, though the craft room is closer to being "all mine".)
  1. The ironing board and iron. (I'm in the midst of catching up on the ironing.)
  2. A bag of hand-me-down capri jeans that I need to try on. (I love hand-me-downs! Free clothes! (g))
  3. A stack of clothes I'm going to "hand down" to someone else-- or donate to Goodwill, if no-one's interested. I still need to go through some of my clothes, and Donald's, too. If you aren't going to wear it, you might as well pass it along to someone else and make room for something else.
  4. Our un-made bed. (It's usually made by now, if it's going to be made, but I'm running late, since I went grocery shopping today.)
  5. A rather dusty vanity cluttered with jewelry of all kinds. (None of it of any great monetary value, for all you cat burglars out there who might be reading this.) I really need to put things away and get out the dust cloth. . .
(That makes our bed room sound pretty messy, but it's really not that bad. (g) Well, maybe it isn't quite ready to be photographed and featured in a decorator's magazine.)

. . . I've always wanted to do:
(Maybe not always wanted to do, since our goals in life change over time. These are a few of the things that come to mind at the moment. Oh, and these are things that I haven't already done.)
  1. Be a published author. (But if I really wanted it badly enough, you'd think I'd spend more time-- any time-- writing something that wasn't a blog, a to-do list, or website content.)
  2. Be able to do back handsprings. (They look like so much fun! But I seriously doubt I'll ever do this. I'm too worried about breaking my wrists. (g))
  3. Have a gorgeous garden-- or just a gorgeous spot in my garden-- and host some sort of (small-scale, friends and family only) shindig out in it, with candlelit lanterns hanging here and there. (This one is certainly do-able, if I'd just put in the man-hours on the gardening.)
  4. Learn to swim? (Kind of, maybe? I probably ought to change that to "I'd like to already know how to swim." (g) The learning part I'm not so excited about, but I know it'd be a good skill to have.)
  5. Be a great homemaker. I'd like to keep an immaculate house, put delicious food on the table, create a warm, homey environment-- and yet not feel that housework and cooking is all I ever do. Hey, there's nothing saying that these five things have to be within the realm of possibility! ;o) I definitely don't want to be someone who worries so much about keeping the house clean that I don't enjoy life or let my family relax in their own home. At this point, I don't think there's much risk of that happening, so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.
. . . in my bag right now:
(Have to run and fetch it. . . Oopf! It's heavier than I remembered. Well, there are many more than five things in there, so I'll have to narrow it down.)
  1. 20 Questions game "orb". (Ha! I didn't even know that was in there. No wonder this bag's so heavy, if there's stuff like that in it!) This was what I got at the game of Dirty Santa I mentioned before Christmas. It's pretty amazing how often it "reads your mind"!
  2. A key ring with all my little "card chips" on it. "Card chips" are those teensy things they give you (along with a credit card-size card) every time you sign up with a store's "saver program". I'm annoyed that they make me sign up to take advantage of their sales, but at least this way they're all in one place, and I don't have to carry the whole card.
  3. Germ-X hand sanitizer. Because it's a nasty, nasty world out there. ;o)
  4. Hairbrush. Because it's also a windy, windy world, and my hair tangles if you think mean thoughts about it, much less give it a harsh glance. (g)
  5. No fewer than four ink pens. I don't know why. I guess it's in case pens #1, 2, and 3 suddenly run dry and I finally figure out how to solve all the world's problems.
. . . in my wallet:
  1. Plastic money. (You know what I mean.)
  2. Receipts.
  3. Cash (in bills and coins).
  4. More plastic cards -- two library cards (two different counties), driver's license, Sam's membership card, (old) insurance card, etc.
  5. Burke's Outlet frequent shopper card. (Only forty more dollars and I get 20% off my whole purchase! (g))
. . . I'm currently "into":
  1. iPod memes. (There's one more I've already done, which I'll probably post immediately after this, but after that, I think I'm finished for a while. (g))
  2. Cherry Cordial Hershey's Kisses. (Doesn't coincide well with my hopes for losing a little weight, but man, are they ever delicious!)
  3. The 2006 version of Jane Eyre. (I think I wasn't completely sold on it, the first time I saw it, but the more I see of it, the better I like it.)
  4. The "faux ceramic" polymer clay technique. (Haven't used it in months, but I'm thinking about it again.)
  5. Getting the house back to order and my life back into a routine (a better one, I hope) now that the hectic holiday season is over.