Monday, March 10, 2008

Getting back into things.

Sometimes it's a little awkward to get back into the swing of things. (That goes for most things in life, I guess-- not just blogs.) If it's been a long time since your last post. If too much has happened since last time, and there's no way you can write about it all. If there are things happening that you simply don't want to address. If your last entry was just a little "too" something-- too impassioned? too angry? too painful? too personal?

Anyway, it's time for me to get back into the routine of this blog. I'll be back into silly memes and things, soon, but before I do that, I'd like to thank everyone who commented, e-mailed, and called about Daisy. The world still feels a little bit darker than it did a week ago, but things are steadily improving, and it becomes easier every day to think of her with less regret and more thankfulness. It helps to know that people understand how painful it can be to lose a pet.

This was the first time I lost a pet that meant so much to me. Both the "family dogs" we had when I was old enough to really remember them didn't die until after I'd married and moved out. Though I have very fond memories of Benji and Missy, too, it's different when the pet was part of your daily life up until the very end.

I think that's all. I could go on, but there's nothing I can write that hasn't been expressed a thousand times before. Besides, it seems almost wrong to dwell too long (or at least too publicly) on the loss of a pet when so many people have lost so much more-- when I know that I will, too, sooner or later. . . But thanks again for understanding.