Thursday, March 6, 2008

Goodbye, Daisy.


My sunshine dog, Daisy
Originally uploaded by MossyOwls

This morning, we found that sweet Daisy had died during the night.

She wasn't completely herself (due to seizures) in the evening, but we'd seen her recover from worse, so we just did what we could for her, fully believing she'd be back to her usual sunny self in another day or two. Unfortunately, that wasn't to be. . .

It's so hard to believe that she's really gone-- that I'll never hear her bark again, never see her smiling up at me with those intelligent eyes. She may have been "just a dog" to nearly everyone else on this earth, but she was my friend, and I loved her. And, like all the best dogs ever do for their owners, she never failed to make me feel loved in return.

I know I'll make more canine friends in the years to come. I know that I'll love them, too, but I don't expect to ever meet a dog sweeter than my Daisy.

We'll miss you, little peskibo-dog! If any dog deserves to go to Heaven, you do.