Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday's Feast - #188

Here are my answers to this week's Feast:

Appetizer
Name something you would categorize as weird.

So many directions you could take this! ;o)

I think it's weird that people are talking about "vat-grown meat" as a distinct culinary possibility, these days. Logically, I have to admit that-- depending on how it's done-- it could be a good idea. . . But I'm not always a logical person, and my gut reaction is queasiness and "Omigosh! Like, that totally grosses me out!" (g)

It just seems like something that belongs in a sci-fi movie-- not in my daily life. I'm also afraid that this could be one of those things where, twenty or thirty years down the road (20+ years after we've all begun eating it, that is), they'll come out and say, "Oh, and by the way, we now have reason to believe that eating this crap will probably cause cancer and birth defects and early death. Have a nice day!" But that's just my humble opinion. ;o)

Soup
What color was the last piece of food you ate?

White and beige. It was cereal (generic Honey-Nut Cheerios) and milk. . . .Or maybe it was an orange vitamin C tablet-- if you count vitamins.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy being alone?

It depends on how much I've been alone recently. If I don't have enough alone time, it can go all the way up to 10; if I've been alone all day, I'm ready for a little company. Most of the time, it's about a 7 or 8. I certainly don't mind being alone, as long as I know I have the option to see someone soon.

Main Course
Fill in the blank: I will ______ vote for _______ on _______ .

I will probably not be enthusiastic about whomever I vote for on November 4th. Looks like this time it's going to be more a vote against someone than a vote for someone else. (This actually seems to be more the rule than the exception, in my experience.)

Dessert
Describe your sleeping habits.

I like to have a little time to "unwind" in bed before going to sleep, unless I'm already completely exhausted. Watching a little TV or reading a book does the trick. Talking can be good, too, but I don't want to talk about anything at all stressful or even just too exciting right before going to sleep. The darkness of the room isn't as much of a factor for me as it is for some people (I can sleep in broad daylight-- not as well as at night, of course, but I can sleep)-- but I prefer to have a ceiling fan running. I don't often have trouble falling asleep (unless something is worrying me or I'm too excited about something coming up the next day). Just lying back (I sleep on my back most of the time-- except during the day, when I mostly sleep on my right side), closing my eyes and relaxing usually does the trick. I'm asleep within five or ten minutes of my head hitting the pillow.