Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Snippets

The baby house finches have been "out" for several days, now. :o)

These photos are very blurry (especially the first one), but they're the best I could get without going to great effort-- and we all know I'm too lazy for that. ;o) Anyway, once I took a closer look at the nest, I realized that it's gotten fairly gross, and I don't know if you'd particularly want to see a very clear, crisp macro of it. (Eww. . .)




** ** ** ** **

We gave Molly another round of haircutting, Sunday afternoon. We cleared most of the mats from her stomach and got a lot off her back legs. There's still some work to be done on those hind legs, but most of it's concentrated on the front legs and her chest.

If the crazy girl would just lie still and have a nap for an hour or so, we could have the job done in one session, instead of doing a little at a time.

She's looking a little ratty, right now, but she has to be more comfortable than she was before.

** ** ** ** **

Cleared a few more plants from the (future) patio area late Sunday afternoon/early evening. I need to transplant a few more while the weather's nice. The biggest thing we have to move is the banana shrub. I'm having a hard time deciding where to put it. . .

** ** ** ** **

After an uncomfortably warm and muggy Saturday, Sunday night and last night were blessedly cool and breezy. We opened the windows in our room, and I was actually chilly when I woke yesterday morning! This is noteworthy because I probably won't be chilly again until sometime in October. ;o)

** ** ** ** **

Something happened to one of our tomato plants. It was broken off at the base. Whether Molly ran too roughly over it or something purposely cut it, I'm not sure. We still have plenty, assuming that they'll make it. Donald thinks we need to add something to the soil to balance out the acidity. Maybe that'll help, along with the fertilizer we're adding. They're living, but they don't seem to be growing very much.

** ** ** ** **

Nothing else demands to be reported. Things are going along pretty much the same as usual, around here. We're peaceful, especially in contrast with the cyclone, tornadoes, earthquakes, and fires that have been filling the news, lately. I'm thankful that a broken tomato plant and the annoyance of increasing prices and heat are the worst we have to complain of. . .