Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tweet tweet. ;o)

After seeing people mention "twitter" a few times, I finally decided to join in. You can find out more at twitter.com, but in short, twitter lets you post brief updates (up to 140 characters per "twitter") on what you're doing. Ideally, you should have a list of friends who are also busily "twittering" away. You keep up with what everyone's doing and can even reply back and forth.

Of course, if you're like me, things are pretty quiet, and you look a little bit pathetic because you have just one person on your list. ;o) Most of the people whom I know read this blog aren't twitterers. As far as I know, they aren't, that is. If you are-- and you don't mind getting my silly updates-- please consider clicking the appropriate link in the column to the right. If you "follow" me, I promise to "follow" you back. (g)

Yes, I could go around adding random people, but I don't want people to think they're being stalked-- and why would I care what some random person is doing? It would be nice if there were some way of searching twitters by subject. You know, so I could find other people with similar interests. The closest search tool I've found so far is Twits Like Me, which generates a list of possible candidates based on what you've been twittering about. (People writing about the same things would go on the list.) It seems potentially useful, but if you're just getting started, like I am, there's not much for the program to go on, so you end up with a very nearly random list. Maybe I should do a little strategic twittering to build up my profile. . . Either that, or I can see that I probably won't be twittering for long. (And that would just be tragic.)