Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feeling a bit lost. . .

I almost didn't notice there's going to be a new episode of Lost*, tonight. I was looking at the old time slot, and they've moved (temporarily? permanently?) to 9 p.m., Central.

I guess that means it's on at 10 p.m., Eastern? Nine is late enough. I do often watch a little TV at ten, but most of the time, by 10:30 I'm getting pretty sleepy. I'm certainly not in the mood to watch something like Lost until eleven o'clock.

Why do TPTB insist on scheduling so many of the best shows for Thursday night? It just doesn't make sense to me to compete that way rather than space them out through the week. Who decided that Thursday is the only night that people want to watch television? I guess it matters less these days, since so many people have TiVos (or some equivalent). But what about us people who are TiVo-less and too lazy to set up the VCR? ;o) Fortunately, most programs can easily be found online.

Still on the subject of Lost, have you seen this?



I never realized how much they use that word! I suppose it makes sense, considering how many "shocking revelations" and generally odd situations there are. ;o)

*Incidentally, I wonder if the title of the show is supposed to be written in "all caps". The intro shows it that way-- LOST-- but it just feels weird writing it that way all the time. . .