Thursday, June 5, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Trends

This week's prompt from Booking Through Thursday:

Have your book-tastes changed over the years? More fiction? Less? Books that are darker and more serious? Lighter and more frivolous? Challenging? Easy? How-to books over novels? Mysteries over Romance?

Yes-- and no.

Explanation of "yes":
I definitely read more "new-to-me" how-to books than new-to-me fiction, these days. When I do read fiction, I'm less likely to pick up a heavy "classic" than I was in high school. This may be partly because the new-to-me classics I have ready at hand just don't interest me that much, right now. Excuse for book shopping? ;o)

Explanation of "no":
When I read fiction-- not that often, lately-- I tend to turn to the same books over and over and over again. It's the same collection of books I've been reading since middle and high school! So I guess my tastes haven't changed much since then. . .