Saturday, June 7, 2008

Friday's Feast - #192

I missed yesterday's Friday's Feast, so I'm answering now instead. :o)

Appetizer
When you drink soda/pop/coke, do you prefer to drink it from the bottle, a can, or after pouring it into a cup?

I never buy it in a bottle, these days, so my options are really can or cup/glass. I usually pour it in a glass. If I've chilled the can in the fridge, I probably won't add any ice. If the can hasn't been chilled, I usually put three or so ice cubes into the glass and pour just a little of the drink at a time. (I don't like watery coke!) Pouring it out a little at a time helps me enjoy it more, I think. I'm trying not to drink as much cola as I used to. :o(

Soup
What television show are you willing to stay up late to watch?

Lost, I guess. It's not late-late, but in it's most recent time slot, it doesn't end until ten, and that's late for me to watch something other than the local news, sitcom re-runs, or late-night comedy/variety shows.

Salad
Name one person, place, or thing you think of as brilliant.

I hardly ever think of or refer to people, places, or things as "brilliant". You see, I'm not British. ;o) No offense to the British. (g) It does rather irk me, though, when people constantly say "brilliant" and you can just tell that they're doing it because they think it makes them sound cool. Ugh!

Anyway, when I hear the word "brilliant", I think-- "brilliant scientist", "brilliant diamond". . . and that's about it!

Main Course
Would you be willing to work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour days in order to save gas?

As I'm not working outside of the home, I have a hard time answering this. (Of course, unless someone has worked on both schedules, I guess no-one truly knows which they'd prefer. The grass is always greener, etc.) I think I'd be ok with 4 10-hour days a week instead of 5 8-hour days, but it would depend on the job. In some cases, those two extra hours might be too much.

Based on discussions I've had with Donald (my husband), I think he would prefer a shorter work week with longer hours-- or even some arrangement whereby he could work from home one day a week. Unfortunately, from what I hear most companies are unwilling to go this route. Maybe that'll change soon. (Saving commute time and headache might be as much of an incentive as saving gas, for many people.)

Dessert
If you were a superhero, what would you call yourself?

It would depend on my super power. ;o) I think I'd just "do my thing" and let the world decide what to call me. No decent superhero has the time (or the ego) for sitting around, sorting through names.