Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday's Feast - #193

Here are my responses to this week's Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?

Neither, really. (Guess that makes me a realist? Ha!) I can sometimes be a pessimist, certainly, but I don't think I go around with a perpetual thunder-cloud hovering over my head. I hope for the best, and though I often fear the worst, I don't really expect it to happen all the time. (Most of the time, there's something worse that could have happened, even if things don't turn out perfectly.)


Soup
What is your favorite color of ink to write with?

Assuming I have a choice, I prefer black ink. Blue is ok, but it's just not as attractive to me. Red is also alright, but it's harder to read. Green, purple, and other colors are ok for jotting notes and things, but I find that purple ink tends to bleed pink through the other side (maybe I've just had bad luck). I like the old-fashioned stability and versatility of black ink. (Of course, when I was a kid, multi-colored ink was fun. I loved those pens with a choice of four colors of ink!)


Salad
How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?

I'm very low maintenance as far as things like this go. I trim my own nails as they need it. I pretty much never wear polish because when I've done it in the past, it just hasn't looked that great. Besides, it doesn't last long enough to be worth the effort, I think. If someone wanted to give me a manicure or pedicure for free while I relaxed at home, I wouldn't object ;o), but I don't have the money or time to waste on a trip to the salon. (And yes, I would consider it a waste, since I'm perfectly happy with my plain nails.)


Main Course
Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?

I can't think of anything I've won online. . . Nothing comes to mind.


Dessert
In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?

The newer, faster computer is in our home office. The older computer is in the "main room" of the house (family room/living room), and that's the one I use most of the time. I prefer the openness of this room, most of the time. Besides, when Donald's using the computer at home, he works in the office. I hate not having the "stuff" I need on the computer I'm using at the time, so I find it's easier if I just stick with this one for most things, as it's always available.