Friday, June 13, 2008

It's perfectly clear. . .

I can see right away that this is going to be an agonizing election year. I don't dare look too far into the future, because the "good" result isn't very promising-- and the "bad" result is terrifying.

If you have the stomach for it, you might like to read about how many "spiritually advanced people" have determined that Obama is an enlightened being. (It's funny. I've always thought he looks like a regular flesh-and-blood man, but I must have been mistaken.) If you can't be bothered to click, here's a taste:

"Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."

Feeling queasy? You're not alone.

(I particularly loved the part where the author insinuates that if you're not overwhelmed by the godlike Obama, you must be a "scowler" or a "
miserable, deeply depressed Republican". Ugh.)

And while I'm on this subject, have you heard about this (taken from this Politico article)?
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), son of the one-time presidential contender, said Obama’s victory overwhelmed him.

“I cried all night. I’m going to be crying for the next four years,” he said. “What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history. ... The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.”
I don't think any commentary on that is necessary. (g)