Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday's Feast - #194

Here are my answers to this week's Friday's Feast questions:

Appetizer
If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?

I'm going to be a bit boring-- but honest-- and choose Europe. (Not to say that Europe is boring, but you know what I mean. (g)) My second choice would be Australia.


Soup
Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?

Firefox.


Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?

I never know how to answer these "scale" questions. . . I'll say seven. I may be grading myself a bit too high, here. I know I've forgotten a lot that I once knew-- and there's plenty that I know I don't know.


Main Course
Finish this sentence: Love is. . .

Love is a choice we make every day.
Love is a touch of the divine to give us hope here on earth.
Love is what makes life worth living.


Dessert
Have you ever been in or near a tornado?

Not in, but near. More than once, I think. Of course, these tornadoes were not the huge monster ones that you see on TV. Usually, tornadoes in this part of the country aren't as big as the ones in the central US. They're still scary, though-- especially since few people here have cellars/basements to go to when there's a tornado warning. We just have to go into a small room (bathroom, usually) in the middle of the house and hope for the best.

I can remember a couple of specific times when we had a tornado warning while I was in school. We had to crouch in the hallways (in a very awkward "head-protecting" position) to wait it out. . . Not fun!