Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jungle-taming

Yesterday, Mom came over and helped me clear the jungly mess around the shed. I should really write that I helped her, because she was the fearless, ax-wielding leader. (g) I don't think I'll ever be as good at garden and yard work as my mother and grandmother have been. My excuse is that my generation is too spoiled and pampered to compete. ;o)

Seriously, though, that area of the yard is greatly improved. I need to mow there (and elsewhere), now-- and we're also planning to kill the weeds and grass around the shed to make it easier to keep clean.

It does feel good to accomplish something outside. I haven't been doing enough of that, lately. I need to get in the habit of doing an hour or two of yard work early in the morning, before the heat really sets in-- at least a day or two a week. I've done it in the past, so I know I can do it again... I should look at it as multi-tasking-- getting yard work done and getting in a little exercise, too. ;o) (Of course, I think "multi-tasking" has fallen out of favor after its brief period of popularity...)