Monday, December 1, 2008

Stuff Done

Done today:
  • Laundry-- sorted, washed, dried, folded and put away: clothes, towels, and two small rugs
  • Unloaded/reloaded dishwasher
  • Cleaned out/reorganized two messy kitchen cabinets
  • Put contact paper in those same two cabinets
  • (Helped Donald) put nicer frosted glass shades from our old bedroom ceiling fan on the living room fan
  • Added to "give away or donate" pile
  • Did a little touch-up painting on furniture
  • A little vacuuming
  • General cleaning/decluttering (though you wouldn't know it to look at the place-- much more to go)
Also, played with Photoshop a little. (Hey, a girl's gotta sit down sometimes!) I spotted a couple of nice photos in the "Commons" section of Flickr and thought it'd be fun to layer some of my own photos over them. (You'll find links to the original photos in the captions in my Flickr photostream, if you're curious. And as always, you can click images here in this blog to see them larger.)



I doubt their times were really any simpler than ours, but I do envy them just a little. . . even if they didn't have Photoshop or the Internet for entertainment. ;o) I like imaging their reactions if I could go back and tell them, "One day, years and years into the future, almost anyone living in a modernized country will be able to hit a few buttons and look at this photo of you!" Would they believe me? Would they care? (g) I wonder what they'll be doing with our photos, hundreds of years from now. . .