Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Here's to the beginning of another year!

Granny L. hosted a New Year's Day lunch, yesterday. Among other things, there were the traditional black-eyed peas for good luck and turnip greens (I think) for prosperity. Neither of us had any turnips, so I guess we'll be pinching pennies this year. ;o)

Donald also did a little shopping yesterday, in preparation for his up-coming trip to Sweden. This time, he's going on his own, and I'm fighting off fears for his safety. Logically, I know that, statistically speaking, he's probably safer on a plane than on the busy interstate, but it still doesn't feel that way. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when he's done with flying for a while. (Guess it's a good thing I didn't marry a pilot!)

I think this will be the first time I've ever spent a whole night completely alone (except for the dogs, of course). I'm planning to carefully avoid creepy TV, movies, books, and music while Donald's away, so I'll be less likely to scare myself. Having family just a few minutes away should help alleviate some of my nerves, too. Still, I'm going to whip up a curtain for our kitchen door window so that I won't have to feel like someone's potentially peeping at me from outside. . . (shudder)