Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Political Ranting (Lite) & Suchlike

The big local news yesterday: Mardi Gras throws insult Pres. Obama. If you don't care to read or watch the story, here's the gist. A woman says that one Mardi Gras organization threw bumper stickers during a parade. The stickers are solid black, with a large "O" and a single profane word. (It's the "s-word", I think-- based on a similar sticker I found online-- but for some reason the news people decided to replace it with a cartoony "faux swear"-- $%?&-- instead of just blurring the offensive word.) The sticker's design resembles that "W" tag people were using a few years ago (in reference to George W. Bush), so it's obviously a political commentary aimed at Obama.

Apparently this goes against the policies of that particular parade-- and I have to agree that it wasn't the best time or place to distribute them. Also, I can understand people not wanting their kids to pick one of these up. I can hear it now. . . "S**t. . . S**t. . . Mommy, what's 's**t' mean?" (However, you know that many of those kids probably hear worse than that on TV or when Daddy gets cut off in traffic.) But still. I'm sorry, but I have to roll my eyes over this one! (Poor eyeballs. They're going to be completely worn out over the next few years.)

In related news. . .
I was minding my own business on some website or other, when I noticed this ad:


The "clever" tee-shirt asks: "Do you smell what Barack is cookin?"

Answer: Why, yes, in fact I do, and it smells to high heaven.

Tangent:
Ha ha. Ok, so this computer is presently infected with some annoying little bug (that I'm sure Donald can fix, but I'm not going to risk making the computer explode before he gets a chance to look at it) that, when you click a link, takes you one step past that website, to some type of advertisy/buy-this-now website-- usually with content related to whatever you were searching for in the first place. (It can be pretty irritating-- especially when the page refuses to let you use the "back" button.) Well, this time, when I clicked a link related to "Do you smell what Barack is cookin'?" it took me to an coupon for Glade air fresheners. LOL! (Well, it made me laugh. . .) The country may be going to Hades in a handbasket, but by golly, we're gonna smell good in the meantime!