Friday, April 10, 2009

"And now for something completely different!"

Please enjoy this cow video, with accompanying music (the"mmmm-mmmm" song that was so wildly popular however-many years ago):



Have I gone 'round the bend? Concentrate and ask again.

Actually, I just wanted to prove to myself that the editing program still knows how to render a video, because it's been giving me headaches, lately. Yep, it works just fine-- but apparently it prefers footage of our friendly neighborhood bovines to the video of fallen trees that I wanted to render...

And while I wait for that to load...
This week's "Bookin'" questions are the familiar type that most meme-ers have come across more than once, but that's ok:

1. Are you currently reading more than one book?
Yes, I am.

2. If so, how many books are you currently reading?
Currently actively reading? That would be... about three, I think: Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes, the new LMM biography, and one of those "bathroom reader" books. There's also a book on photography that I'm very slowly making my way through, when the mood strikes me, and I have bookmarks in a few other books, too, but those have been on hold for months.

3. Is this normal for you?
Yes, this is normal for the current-day me. I used to be more of a "one book at a time" girl, but I've changed. I do generally favor one book over the others, though. That favortism may shift from book to book depending on mood and other circumstances, but there's usually one book that I'm most interested in picking back up.

4. Where do you keep your current reads?
I move them around depending on where I want to read, but "home base" for books I'm actively reading is the nightstand by my side of the bed.