Friday, March 11, 2011

Pet Peeve of the Day

The Pet Peeve of the Day is a doozy, and I have to warn you, if you're eating breakfast, second breakfast, fika, lunch, dinner, supper, high tea, low tea, elevenses, or what-have-you, or if you have a weak stomach, you may not wish to read further.  ;o)

Basically, it's this-- people who think that watching someone vomit is hi-lar-ious and-- furthermore, because honestly, I don't mind if they sit guffawing at it all day long-- insist on inflicting it upon others.  They do this sometimes on AFV (the "funniest home videos" program), for instance, and in some movies.  Most TV programs I watch have the decency to at least provide the buffer of a waste basket, but the sound and mental image is bad enough.  Look, I felt a little queasy just seeing that hideous spot left on Don Draper's shirt after he tossed his cookies.  ~shudder~  (Considering how often the character drinks to excess, I have a feeling this may have happened more than once, so just choose your favorite instance.) 

Then there are people who use-- as their avatars-- animated gifs of someone vomiting.  I don't care if it's real or not-- why would I ever want to see it once-- much less over and OVER again in a loop?  It's horrifying, and it has to stop.  (Well, ok.  It doesn't have to, and I'm sure it won't, but I certainly wish it would.)

...This has been the Pet Peeve of the Day. 
And no, I don't intend to make this a regular feature of the blog.  You can thank me later. ;o)