Sunday, June 5, 2011

Random Grumpy Topics

• It's still really, really hot and dry here.  We got a sprinkling of rain on Friday, but it was barely enough to wet the ground.  Or in other words-- more, please.

Maybe our digital thermometer is telling tales, but it's been recording temperatures of over 100 with alarming frequency, lately.  Yesterday, it peaked at 105°F or 106°F.  (I can't remember which, and again, maybe it's not accurate, but...)  I'll keep you posted on whether or not the grass spontaneously bursts into flames.

On the other hand, this super-hot weather is a handy excuse for not doing much work in the yard.  ;o)  


• To add to the list of reasons the Internet is Evil:  "Could the Net be killing the planet one web search at a time?"   Well, of course it is. Is there anything we humans do or don't do that doesn't "kill the planet"?  Sheesh.  What was God thinking when he put us here, anyway?  Also:  This is why we can't have nice things!! 


• The infinitely abhorrent Bill Maher says he thinks "anybody could be president in this dumb f**king country". Well, based on the current administration, there's reason to suspect he may be right. On the other hand, if you hate this country so much, Bill, why not move right the heck out of it? Pretty please with sugar on top?  (P.S. You disgust me.)


• The E. coli scare in Europe is just the sort of health-related news story I try to ignore, because they have a high propensity for freaking me out.  (I don't like health-related news, and I am even less interested in raw vegetables now than I was before.)


There.  I'm all grumped out for the moment.