Tuesday, June 26, 2012

No, I refuse to believe it's true.

I just read something to the effect that Cameron is filming three sequels to Avatar simultaneously. 

...And my eyes bugged out-- because three

Do I correctly understand that there are going to be THREE MORE of those movies? 

No...  No no no.  Say it ain't so! 

...Ok, ok.  I know I don't have to see them if I don't want to... and maybe, by some fluke, they'll turn out more interesting than the original one was (not holding my breath, though).  It's just that we'll be hearing all the hype about them for years to come. 

Cameron says: "I think within the Avatar landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way." 

And I respond:  "No offense, but I don't particularly care what you think about the state of the world-- or what you think we need to be doing about it.  Frankly, watching you preach your message (especially in a CGI world populated by blue people) sounds any but entertaining.  Thanks anyway, but I've no real interest in watching Fern Gully-- er, I mean Avatar 2, 3, and 4."