Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday's Feast - #189

Here are my answers for this week's Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
What was your favorite cartoon when you were a child?

I grew up in (what I consider to be) the golden era of the Saturday-morning cartoon. (g) (Maybe everyone born since the beginning of Saturday-morning cartoons thinks that.) And not only were there Saturday morning cartoons, but a couple of hours of cartoons in the afternoons (on one or two non-cable channels). I don't remember which cartoon was my favorite at any given time, but I'm sure it changed over the years.

Anyway, I'll just list some of the ones I remember particularly liking: The Smurfs, My Little Pony, She-ra, Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Scooby-Doo, Ducktales, TaleSpin, JEM, Moonbeamers, Inspector Gadget, Rainbow Sprite, The Littles, Care Bears, The Chipmunks, and I'm sure there are more I'm not remembering at the moment. . .

Hm. I finally discovered the identity of a cartoon I've remembered watching but been unable to name. Beverly Hills Teens. I think this was briefly popular among the girls in my elementary school class. I don't think it was thoroughly approved of at home, though. (g)

Soup
Pretend you are about to get a new pet. Which animal would you pick, and what would you name it?

This one's easy, since we actually are planning to get another pet (or maybe two-- we'll see. . .), when we find what we're looking for. Now that my sweet Daisy is gone where good dogs go, I miss my daily dose of Eskie love. I know I can't expect another Eskie (American Eskimo Dog) to be just like Daisy or to "replace" her, but I'm ready to make room for another "pupsonality". We may also get a beagle. (Then we'd have three dogs. Are we crazy to contemplate this?)

As for the name, I have no idea. I'd have to discuss it with Donald, since it would be a shared pet. I'm sure he'd let me name it whatever I liked, if I was really set on a particular name, but I'm not. Nothing snow-related. This is a common choice for Eskies, since they're so white and fluffy. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd prefer something else.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy getting all dressed up for a special occasion?

If I like the way I look and don't have to stay in uncomfortable clothes for too long, 7 or 8, maybe? It's nice to get dressed up from time to time. That said, I hardly ever do it, and by the time I get home, I'm yearning for jeans and tee. If I had to do it very often, I'd probably hate it.

Main Course
What kind of music do you listen to while you drive?

Often, it's not music at all, but talk radio. If I get to the point that I can't take it any more ;o) I gravitate toward 70s/80s/90s/early2000s pop and rock. Something I can sing along with-- something that keeps me awake. That's if I'm alone in the car. (g) Otherwise, I may not listen to anything, because I don't want to impose my musical tastes on the passenger(s).

Dessert
When was the last time you bought a clock? And in which room did you put it?

Hm. I think the last one was a digital alarm clock, which we bought a year or two ago. We put it in our bedroom so that each of us could have a clock on our respective nightstands. (We both like to be able to see what time it is when we wake in the middle of the night.) Right now, though, that clock is in the guest room. I put it there when we were expecting our visitor, and I haven't moved it back, yet.