Monday, February 2, 2009

Three Things That Have Amused Me

If you visit the Cake Wrecks blog (and if you don't, you should-- laughter is good for you!), you've probably already seen Stains the Crazy-Eyes Cupcake Dog, but if not. . .



- - - - - - -

I've recently noticed a strange local (I think) commercial for some health-related organization/clinic/whatever. It's mostly completely what you'd expect. Then there's the last line: "We're Blah-Blah-Blah, and we need blood. Not for us. For life."

Um. . . What else would you need blood for? (Maybe medical experiments, but that's still technically used in the interests of protecting and prolonging life.) And why would you think I'd suspect that you wanted it for yourselves? (Weird.)

- - - - - - -

In the local news:

Police in a (relatively) nearby city have turned to the public for information on the whereabouts of three persons of interest relative to a recent murder. The news story provides their "street names". Two of these are the typical silly-sounding stuff you'd expect in a "street name". ("Ooh, I'm so d**n cool I got my homeys to call me by a gangsta street name!" Sickening.) Then there's the third guy, whose street name is. . . are you ready for it? . . ."Greg". Poor Greg. How un-cool must his real name be, if his street name is "Greg"?!

"Yo, homes! Wuzzup?"
"Yo, Oliver!"
"Man, that ain't coo'! I told you to call me Greg from now on." (glancing nervously around to make sure no-one else heard) "I got a reputation to maintain!"

Maybe we're just weirdos, but we both thought it was mighty funny. (g)

(Another channel's version of the story says "they go by the names [Dummy1, Dummy2, and Dummy3 (aka Greg)]"-- just names, not street names, which may indicate that "Greg" is Greg's actual name-- but I'm standing by the street name thing. It's much more amusing that way.)

. . . The image of that cupcake-hypnotized dog still cracks me up every time!