Tuesday, June 30, 2009

General Chit-Chat

Bits of the "tid" variety. (Whatever that means.)

- - - - - - -

The heat persists. That slight cooling we were hoping for never quite happened, I think, though at least we got some rain (and the hope of more to come, with a little luck). Now that it's July (How'd that happen, by the way?), we have to face the reality that the heat is probably here to stay for two or three months.

I know I tend to gripe about the heat a lot. I'm sorry. It's almost impossible to ignore completely, but I'll try to be find other things to write about (from time to time).

- - - - - - -

We're thinking about doing some painting in the kitchen and master bathroom, one of these days. (Maybe not one of these days soon to come, but sooner or later.)

List of indoor projects we're mulling over:
  • Painting the cabinets in the kitchen and master bath. (Probably a crisp white.)
  • Painting the walls in the kitchen. (Leaning toward a slightly warm-toned blue or aqua-blue. Still debating.)
  • Painting the walls in the master bath. (Unsettled. Maybe some type of sand/beige.)
  • Putting in white beadboard, chair rail, and crown molding in the breakfast room (and maybe eventually the area between the kitchen and dining room, depending on how the breakfast room goes).
Of course, we still have outdoor work to do, but in June/July, indoor improvements are more palatable-- even if we're just at the planning stage.


- - - - - - -

So Al Franken is actually going to be a senator? I can't take him seriously. (Not to mention that the sight of him makes me sick.) Oh well. At least he's not my senator. (Though I do feel sorry for the many Minnesotans who didn't vote for him and are still stuck with a joke for a representative.)

- - - - - - -

We're planning to spend the 4th of July with the paternal side of my family. I intend to take along a camera, but I don't know if I'll photograph (m)any people. I don't want to make a pest of myself. Still, there will probably be something I can point the camera at without becoming a nuissance.

- - - - - - -

I took a few photos of Trixie over the weekend, while Donald held her on the couch. Here's one of them:


Eskies are such a joy to photograph-- so much easier to capture than dark-haired dogs like Molly. I don't imagine she really cares, but sometimes I feel guilty that I hardly ever post photos of her. It's just that they rarely turn out very well. (There are a few more on my Flickr photostream, if anyone's interested in more dog photos.)

- - - - - - -

Today, I reached a milestone at Vimeo-- fifty uploads.

Here's #49-- some mammatus clouds that we spotted yesterday evening:

Mammatus Clouds from Michael Johansson on Vimeo.