Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Dead Birds?

Ok, I'll admit that it seems a little weird that these groups of dead birds and things keep popping up, over a matter of days... But is this really happening any more often than it ever has in the past?  Don't these kinds of thing just happen, from time to time?  (I don't know-- maybe not quite this frequently...)

I searched Twitter for "birds" and got just what I deserved for doing so-- nonsense.  (Nonsense is what you get 99.9% of the time when you search Twitter or click on a trending subject.)

For example:

"What is GOING on?  Do birds know something WE, Humans, should??"

(Um... You mean you didn't get the message to die for no discernible reason and fall from the sky?  You might want to check your in-box more often.)

"omg why are all these fish and birds dieing.  Thinking 2012.  Wtf."

(Check the calendar.  It's only 2011.)

"I DNT EVN BELIEVE IN 2012 BUT THEY GOT ME F***D UP IF THEY THINK IMA BELIEVE FIREWORKS KILLD ALL THEM BIRDS.. & WUT ABT TH FISH?!"

(Again, calendars, people!  ...But yeah, I don't know if I buy the fireworks explanation, either.   (shrug))

[insert obligatory joke-tweet referencing Angry Birds here]

(Ugh.  You don't merit a response.)

"I wish birds of the human variety would drop dead too."

(...Huh?  Unless you mean "birds" as in slang for "women", and even then it still makes no sense, especially considering that the person RTing it is a woman...)

Anyway.
I suggest we carry on with our lives.  And spend less time on Twitter.